At the heart of the Special Yoga are our Yoga therapy programmes – Supporting babies, children, young people, adults and families living with special needs.
The work at Special Yoga is founded on unconditional love. Love unites us and our practise brings an alignment of energy that brings a mental, physical, emotional and spiritual balance.
The benefits of Special Yoga and Mindfulness include:
- Improving motor control and motor planning skills
- Developing physical strength, muscle tone and balance
- Promoting flexibility and correcting postural misalignment
- Increasing self-awareness
- Establishing calm, organised mental states
- Improve concentration
- Reduce hyperactivity
- Relieve respiratory ailments
- Develop the ability to relax
- Release tension
- Reduce fear, frustration and stress
- Enrich the quality and quantity of sleep
“We believe that all children are special, and that no label can define or limit a child’s potential for positive change” (Jyoti Manual, Founder of the Special Yoga)