Information published on this web site is provided for the use of its visitors and you are advised that, although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur. No guarantee is given of the accuracy or completeness of information on these pages.
Please be aware that Special Yoga Foundation CIO (SYF) may alter the information on its web site from time to time. SYF shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this web site. SYF does not warrant the information on this web site in any way and in particular no warranty is given that the web site or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated. You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect. SYF exclude all liability for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.
Terms and Conditions:
- To pre-book your place at one of our Teacher Training courses we require a minimum deposit equal to half of the total course fee to be paid. Deposits are non-refundable unless SYF cancels the Teacher Training course. Only by making a deposit payment or payment in full is your place confirmed.
- Full course fees must be received and acknowledged and/or pre-agreed payment plans must be up-to-date prior to the start of the relevant Teacher Training course.
- SYF accepts the following payment methods; Cash, Cheque (made payable to Special Yoga Foundation), Bank Transfers, Payment Plans (selected courses only).
- By enrolling you are agreeing to be responsible for the payment of the applicable Fees in full. You are responsible for ensuring any cost incurred in making such payment including but not limited to bank fees or transfer charges is paid by you and not us.
- If a third party (for example, your employer, partner, spouse, parent or other relative) is paying for your Fees, you are required to give the name and address of the payer in your Application to Enrol and ensure SYF is provided with written confirmation (e.g. a purchase order) from such third party confirming that they are paying your Fees. Notwithstanding any third party agreeing to and/or actually paying any of your Fees, you remain personally and fully responsible for the balance (if any) in the event of failure on the part of the third party to pay.
Cancellations / Refund Policy
- On condition that you have not accessed the Course Materials you may withdraw from a course for any reason (including if you simply change your mind) within 14 days of us (or an agent acting on our behalf) enrolling. To withdraw, you must notify us in writing using durable and recordable medium (including e-mail) within those 14 days. You will then be entitled to a full refund from SYF in respect of the Fees received by us for the course you have withdrawn from. In such instances you will be responsible for any costs incurred by us such as bank fees, transfer charges or merchant service charges from processing/receiving your payment of the Fees and or refunding the Fees.
- Post 14 days all payments made to SYF are non-refundable unless the training course is cancelled by SYF.
- If you have enrolled onto a course and are then unable to attend, transfers between courses will be considered on a discretionary basis. SYF reserves the right to deny transfer requests. Provided the student has made a formal request to transfer, and the remaining time to the start of the course is more than 30 days from the time of receipt of the transfer request, SYF will consider the request. In the case of the transfer request being approved, a £50 administration and transfer fee will be applied to the balance of any monies previously paid by the student. In the case of a successful transfer request, the previously paid monies less the administration and transfer fee will be available to use against another SYF course up to one calendar year from the date of the first payment.
- We reserve the right to cancel a Teacher Training course or services in the event of exceptional circumstances that means we are unable to offer the event as advertised or if there are insufficient numbers booked into the event for it to be commercially viable. Should this happen you will be given a full refund of fees you have paid.
- SYF reserves the right to refuse access to the relevant Teacher Training courses and services, without refund of previously paid monies, to students who have not paid their course fees in full or who are in arrears on their payment plans prior to the start of the Teacher Training course until such time as full course fees have been received or arrears settled.
- SYF accepts no liability to refund, partially or completely, any costs incurred by the student in relation to a cancelled training courses (such as airline tickets, hotel expenses, transportation, bank fees etc.)
Limitation of Liability
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are sufficiently fit, physically, mentally and emotionally, to undertake all components of the Teacher Training course or service. It is your responsibility to notify us of any pre-existing medical conditions as well as any special assistance you may reasonably require prior to enrolment or before commencing any of the exercises contained with the course and again if circumstances change throughout the period you are undertaking a training or services with SYF.
- You understand that undertaking our training or service involves exercise and that the body’s reaction to exercise cannot always be predicted with accuracy. Furthermore, you acknowledge that there are risks involved in performing physical activity including but not limited to musculoskeletal strains, pain and injury, and that certain abnormal changes may occur during or following exercise which may adversely affect blood pressure, cause heart attack or even death.
- SYF shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from your participation in the services, events and activities offered on or through this site.
Training Days and Course Days
- With your participation in our services, events and activities you give your full permission for any pictures, video and audio which are taken within the context of the service, event or activity to be used for promotion and marketing activities and material. It is your responsibility to inform SYF if you do not wish to be included in these pictures, video or audio.
- Copyright: The entire content, organisation, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion, printed and other materials related to SYF services, events and activities are the property of SYF.
- SYF reserves the right to change and/or cancel the dates and venues for training days. No refund of Fees will be given in these circumstances. You will be able to transfer to another training day (whatever the case may be) at no extra cost to you. SYF is not liable in any other way for any expenses (including but not limited to travel and accommodation), costs, losses (including but not limited to loss of earnings) or other charges that you may incur as a result of such change or cancellation. SYF makes no guarantee that space will be available on your chosen alternative date/s.
- You are required to conduct yourself in an appropriate manner at all workshop and training days. If you behave in a manner which in the opinion of SYF is threatening, abusive, offensive or otherwise unacceptable, SYF will have the right to bar you from that and all future training or services. You will remain liable for all the Fees and no refund of Fees will be given. If you behave in a manner which, in the opinion of the third party venue operator in which the training day, or course day is taking place, is threatening, abusive, offensive or otherwise unacceptable, they will have the right to take whatever action they deem appropriate, which may include banning you from that venue. If you are unable or unwilling to travel for whatever reason and at your own cost to an alternative training day venue, or course day venue on an alternative scheduled training day or course day date, you will remain liable for all the Fees and no refund of Fees will be given.
Liability for Teaching
- You acknowledge that you shall be responsible for your omissions, errors or neglect when performing, conducting, teaching or instructing material you may have learned through SYF and shall maintain public liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance and any other insurance cover as appropriate for your business and professional qualifications.
- Awarding organisation certificates to show successful completion of a course will not be issued until after SYF has received payment in full for the course for which you are being certificated.
- All certificates will be issued in the name held on our records at the date you successfully complete the course or module. It is your responsibility to inform SYF in writing of any change of name.
- If you lose a certificate and require a replacement, a fee of £20 (sterling) will be payable. If you change your name or address prior to the date you successfully complete the course or module but fail to notify us and require SYF to issue a new certificate, a replacement fee of £20 will be payable. Please note we are unable to issue replacement certificates in a new name if the change of name occurred after the date you successfully completed the course or module.
Privacy & Security Policy
Our commitment to Data Security:
- Your personally identifiable information is kept secure.
- Only authorised employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
- All emails and newsletters from our site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
- SYF will never sell trade, rent, exchange or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company or organisation.
- When enrolling on a SYF workshop or training you will be opted in to receive our newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email sent.
By enrolling on a workshop or training with Special Yoga Foundation I confirm to have read all information and take full responsibility for my participation in this event.
For our workshops and courses we have a 24 hour notice of cancellation policy.